Arcmax fire resistant chainsaw chaps are for professional chainsaw operators who require protection from heat, fire and arc flash hazards. They are constructed entirely from fire-resistant materials and are arc rated. Ideal for use with wildland fires, utility vegetation management, and in the oil and gas industry. Apron-style with front only protection.
- UL Certified to ASTM F1897-14 for chainsaw protection and meets OSHA regulation 1910-266
- Complies with NFPA Code 70E 130.7(11) and ENA NENS 09-2014 for arc protection
- Fully fire-resistant and non melting including the outer fabric, chainsaw protective fabric and lining
- Uses Arrestex FR fully fire resistant chainsaw protection material which is light, cool and quick drying, rated to 3,600 ft/min (30% above the ASTM F1897-14 requirement)
- Full protection from waist to the ankle, exceeding the ASTM F1897-14 coverage area requirement for chainsaw protection by approximately 15%
- Nomex®/Fire-resistant viscose ripstop outer fabric rated to 8.2 cal/cm2 according to ASTM F1959 and complies with ASTM D6413 for fire resistance
- Soft FR Lining
- 2-inch wide FR cotton belt with quick release buckle
- 4 leg straps made using FR cotton and rugged, high temperature nylon buckles to ensure a comfortable and an ultra-secure, safe fit
- 2-inch FR reflective tape at lower leg for increased visibility, compliant with the performance requirements of high visibility standards: ANSI 107:2015; AS/NZS 1906.4:2010
- Adjustable to a 49 inch waist size with an available 15 inch belt extension (BEXTF)
S fits inseam 30-32 inch
M fits inseam 32-34 inch
L fits inseam 34-36 inch
Designed and made in Invercargill, New Zealand.