Arcmax fire resistant chainsaw chaps are for professional chainsaw operators who require protection from heat, fire and arc flash hazards. They are constructed entirely from fire-resistant materials and are arc rated. Ideal for use with wildland fires, utility vegetation management, and in the oil and gas industry. Apron-style with front only protection.
- Uses Clogger’s exclusive Arrestex FR chainsaw fabric which is light and breathable with 6 layers of advanced fully FR technical chainsaw fabric that will not melt or burn.
- Arrestex FR includes ultra strong Vectran cut resistant fibers cross woven to improve multi-directional strike performance.
- Waist to ankle coverage.
Outer construction and design
- Fully fire-resistant and non melting including the outer fabric, chainsaw protective fabric and lining.
- Nomex®/Fire-resistant viscose ripstop outer fabric rated to 8.2 cal/cm2 according to ASTM F1959 and complies with ASTM D6413 for fire resistance.
- Soft FR Lining.
Tree people specific detail
- Complies with NFPA Code 70E 130.7(11) and ENA NENS 09-2014 for arc protection.
- 4 leg straps made using FR cotton and rugged, high temperature nylon buckles to ensure a comfortable and an ultra-secure, safe fit.
- 2-inch FR reflective tape at lower leg for increased visibility, compliant with the performance requirements of high visibility standards: ANSI 107:2015; AS/NZS 1906.4:2010.
- 2-inch wide FR cotton belt with quick release buckle.
- Adjustable to a 49 inch waist size with an available 18 inch belt extension (BEXTFR).
- Protection: Apron style or 360 calf wrap for additional protection.
- Fit: Unisex.
- Size: S-L though this is a clearance item so some sizes may be out of stock.
Note: This product is not intended for grinding and welding applications.
Designed and made in Invercargill, New Zealand.