Arcmax fire resistant chainsaw chaps are for professional chainsaw operators who require protection from heat, fire and arc flash hazards. They are constructed entirely from fire-resistant materials and are arc rated. Ideal for use with wildland fires, utility vegetation management, and in the oil and gas industry. Choose the calf wrap version for 360 lower leg protection.
- Uses Clogger’s exclusive Arrestex FR chainsaw fabric which is light and breathable with 6 layers of advanced fully FR technical chainsaw fabric that will not melt or burn.
- Arrestex FR includes ultra strong Vectran cut resistant fibers cross woven to improve multi-directional strike performance.
- Waist to ankle coverage.
Outer construction and design
- Fully fire-resistant and non melting including the outer fabric, chainsaw protective fabric and lining.
- Nomex®/Fire-resistant viscose ripstop outer fabric rated to 8.2 cal/cm2 according to ASTM F1959 and complies with ASTM D6413 for fire resistance.
- Soft FR Lining.
Tree people specific detail
- Complies with NFPA Code 70E 130.7(11) and ENA NENS 09-2014 for arc protection.
- 5 leg straps made using FR cotton and rugged, high temperature nylon buckles to ensure a comfortable and an ultra-secure, safe fit.
- 2-inch FR reflective tape at lower leg for increased visibility, compliant with the performance requirements of high visibility standards: ANSI 107:2015; AS/NZS 1906.4:2010.
- 2-inch wide FR cotton belt with quick release buckle.
- Adjustable to a 49 inch waist size with an available 18 inch belt extension (BEXTFR).
- Protection: 360 calf wrap for additional protection or apron style.
- Fit: Unisex.
- Size: S-L though this is a clearance item so some sizes may be out of stock.
Note: This product is not intended for grinding and welding applications.
Designed and made in Invercargill, New Zealand.